Honeywell Chairman and CEO, Dave Cote, recently awarded the honor of Honeywell Hometown “Ambassador of the Year” to five employees from around the world for their commitment to building awareness of Honeywell programs and their service representing Honeywell to their respective local and national governments. The Honeywell Hometown Ambassador program was launched in 2009 to strengthen outreach, build relationships, and educate local and national government officials on Honeywell projects, technologies and the tough challenges that it aims to address around the globe – energy efficiency, clean energy generation, globalization and safety and security.
Recognized for their contributions and effort this past year, were:
– Leonid Sorkin, Leader Strategic Accounts for Honeywell Process Solutions in Europe, the Middle East and Africa
– Li Ning, Vice President and General Manager of Honeywell Life Safety for Asia Pacific
– Simon Hobbs, Senior Director of Research and Development for the Honeywell India Technology Centre (HITC)
– Felipe Sandoval, Aerospace Plant Director in Chihuahua, Mexico
– Jay Kelly, Site Leader for Honeywell’s Performance Materials and Technologies plant in Buffalo, NY
The Ambassador program began with just 21 Ambassadors in the U.S. and has grown to 128 Ambassadors in 42 countries today.